Christmas is a blast for most family members, but where does the dog fit in? We don't want to leave them out of the fun! Here are some ideas to include your dog in All of the festivities:
- Festive collars & costumes: Who doesn't enjoy the opportunity to dress their dogs up? Christmas is a great time snap pictures of the dog dressed as your favourite holiday character. From Santa Claus to Rudolph, there are no limits! Just have fun.
- Personalized ornaments: A quick "Google" of "personalized ornaments" will bring up hundreds of options to add some fun dog pictures to your tree. These will make wonderful keepsakes for years to come
- Decorate their crate: Assuming they're safe around decorations and not likely to eat any of them, make their crate a festive decoration! Use decorations on the outside of the crate to dress it up.
- Christmas cards: Who doesn't like being wished Happy Holidays? Send your dog's friends and loved ones Christmas cards on their behalf!
- Dog advent calendar: When the kids are getting their daily dose of sugar, make sure the dog gets a cookie or small toy from their very own advent calendar. A quick search of Pinterest will give you hundreds of great ideas.
- Presents: Of COURSE!!! Dogs get very good, very quickly at ripping into presents. Make sure they don't get left out on Christmas morning!!!
Whatever you choose to do with your dog this Holiday season, enjoy and be safe!
Happy Howl-iday and Merry Woof-mas from all of us at McCann Professional Dog Trainers